- Computer vision, Pattern Recognition, Object detection, some applications.
- Boosting, Online learning, some advanced Machine learning algorithms for Computer vision
- Conditional Random Field, Statistical models for Object categorical recognition and semantic image labeling
- PI of project "Some advanced statistical learning techniques for Computer vision", funded by The National Foundation for Science and Technology Development. Duration: 2011-2013.
- PI of project "Automatizing tea flush assessment by advanced machine vision technique", funded by The Vietnam - Belgium Institutional University Cooperation, CIUF - HUA. Duration: 2011-2013.
Journal and book chapter
- Helmut Grabner, Thuy Thi Nguyen, Barbara Gruber and Horst Bischof, “ Boosting-based car detection from aerial images”, ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Elsevier, Vol. 63/3, p. 382-396. DOI: 10.1016/j.isprsjprs.2007.10.005. Best Paper Volume 63 (2008), The U. V. Helava Award. A Demo.
- Thuy T. Nguyen, B. D. Nguyen and Horst Bischof, “Efficient boosting-based active learning for specific object detection problems ”, Intl Journal of Electrical, Computer, and Systems Engineering", ISSN: 2070-3813, Vol. 3 2009.
- B. D. Nguyen, Thuy T. Nguyen, “ Automatic Database Creation and Object's Model Learning ”, In Lecture Notes in Computer Science Book Chapter, Springer-Verlag, Vol. 5465/2009, p: 27-39, May 2009. [PDF]
- Thi-Lan Le, Van-Ngoc Nguyen, Thi-Thanh-Hai Tran, Van-Toi Nguyen, Thi-Thuy Nguyen, Temporal gesture segmentation for recognition, In Proc. of The International Conference on Computing, Management and Telecommunications (ComManTel 2013).
- Huynh Thi Thanh Binh, Mai Dinh Loi, Nguyen Thi Thuy, Improving image segmentation using genetic algorithm. In Proc. of The IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA 2012), Florida, USA, Dec. 2012.
- Nguyen Thanh Tung, Nguyen Thi Thuy, A real time license plate detection system based on Boosting learning a lgorithm. In Proc. of The 5th International Congress on Image and Signal Processing (CISP 2012), China, 2012.
- Thuy T. Nguyen, Stefan Kluckner, Horst Bischof and Franz Leberl, “ Aerial Photo Building Classification by Stacking Appearance and Elevation Measurements”, Accepted for publication in Part A of the proceedings of the ISPRS Commission VII, 2010.
- Thuy T. Nguyen and Horst Bischof, “ A Hierarchical Pseudo-Conditional Random Field Model for Buildings Detection from Aerial Image”, Accepted as Full Paper (oral presentation) to The Intl Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Application (VISAPP'10), Angers, France, 2010.
- B. D. Nguyen, Thuy T. Nguyen, “ Automatic Database Creation and Object's Model Learning ”, in Proc. of The 10th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI'08), PKAW workshop, Hanoi, Dec. 2008.
- Thuy T. Nguyen, B. D. Nguyen and Horst Bischof, “An active boosting-based framework for real-time hand detection ”, in Proc. of The 8th IEEE International Conference on "Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG�08)" , Amsterdam, Sep. 2008. [PDF]
- Thuy T. Nguyen, B. D. Nguyen and Horst Bischof, “Efficient boosting-based active learning for specific object detection problems ”, in Proc. of The 5th International Conference on "Computer Vision, Image and Signal Processing (CVISP 2008)", Praha, Jul. 2008.
- B. D. Nguyen, Thuy T. Nguyen and Horst Bischof, “On-Line Boosting Learning for Hand Tracking and Recognition”, Proc. of The 2008 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition (IPCV'08), Las Vegas, USA, Jul. 2008.
- Thuy Thi Nguyen, Helmut Grabner, Barbara Gruber and Horst Bischof, “On-line boosting for car detection from aerial images ”, Proc. of The 5th IEEE International Conference on "Research, Innovation and Vision for the Future (RIVF'07)" , Hanoi, Mar. 2007 (Best paper Award). [PDF]
- Nguyen Thi Thuy and Nguyen Thi Hoang Lan, “New fast block matching motion estimation algorithm for digital video compression”, Proc. of The first National Symposium on "Fundamental and Applied Information-technology Research" (FAIR), Hanoi, Oct. 2003.
- Nguyen Thi Thuy and Nguyen Thi Hoang Lan, “Analysis of fast block matching motion estimation algorithms for digital video compression”, Proc. of The first National Symposium of ICT- Research, development and application (ICT.rda), Hanoi, Feb. 2003
- Nguyen Thi Thuy, “ Fast block matching algorithms for motion estimation for digital video compression”, Master thesis, Hanoi University of Technology, 2002.
- Nguyen Hai Thanh, Nguyen Thi Thuy, Ngo Tuan Anh, “Data clustering with fuzzy theory’s application”, Proc. of The first National Conference of Applied Mathematics, National University Publishing House, Hanoi 2000.
- Nguyen Hai Thanh, Nguyen Thi Thuy, Ngo Tuan Anh, “An approximate algorithm for fuzzy cluster analysis and its applications”, Proc. of MIF’99: The International symposium on Medical Informatics and Fuzzy technology, pp. 286-290, 26-29/1999.
Horst Bischof, Fr�st�ck Bernhard, Helmut Grabner, Thuy Thi Nguyen, Peter Roth and Martin Winter, �Optimierung der manuellen Beurteilung/Sichtung gro�er Datenmengen durch einen online-lernf�higen Prozess�, TU Graz Application. Pending.
- At FG'08, Amsterdam
- At CVISP'08, Praha
- At RIVF'07, Hanoi
- Echo State Network
- Gene regulation models and artificial life, pdf
- Simulated Annealing Algorithm, pdf
- CSML Workshop on "OPEN HOUSE on Multi-Task and Complex Outputs Learning", UCL, London, July 2006.
- ICVSS 2007 - International Computer Vision Summer School, Sicily, Italy, July 2007
- Wintergraph meeting, Tauplitz, Austria, April 2008
- Workshop "Trends in Computer Vision", Praha 2009
- Workshop "Woman in Machine Learning" (co-located with NIPS), Vancouver, Canada 2009
- Genetic algorithm and evolutionary computing
- Computation of neuron micro circuit